Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you will find some great recipes and share some of your own too in this week's Simply Made Sunday~In the Kitchen With Mom.
**For the rules of participation in Simply Made Sunday~In the Kitchen With Mom, click *here*. Please make absolute certain and include a link within your Simply Made Sunday post back here to Our Homeschool Fun (older posts can be edited and republished with no problem). *The Simply Made Sunday button would be great too:-), but is optional.**
Now, for our Simply Made Sunday recipe this week I am sharing Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. I served these as part of our Muffin Tin Monday meal based on Eric Carle's book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar (you can see that *here*). This recipe is found in one of my all time favorite cookbooks, One Pot Cakes, that I mentioned and reviewed *here*. This was my first time making this recipe as cupcakes and not a cake, and it was just as moist and yummy as the cake version. Notice the attire my helper's chose for this baking experience. I promise I did not ask them to wear this!! I went to the grocery store leaving instructions for Hanna to grate the carrots. When I got home they were both in the kitchen with big grins all decked out ready to bake:-).
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. plain flour
- 5 c. grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners, or spray metal tins or silicone muffin cups with Pam.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until yolks are broken.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add oil. Continue to stir until oil, eggs and sugar are completely blended together.
- Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Add flour and baking soda, and mix well.
- Stir in carrots until just blended.
- Pour into muffin tins/cups and bake about 15-20 minutes. Until set well. *Makes about 24 cupcakes.*
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar (1 regular sized box)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
OK--It's your turn to share now. I can't wait to see what you all link up today! I hope you've had lots of fun creating in your kitchen this week. If you haven't yet, what are you waiting for:-)?! You can link up all week long, so it's not too late!