Here is what we used:
- one toothpaste box
- two small match boxes
- 1 craft stick
- 2 large buttons
- 1 pipe cleaner
- half of a plastic egg
- front flap from a cardboard egg carton
- 2 spools of thread
- poster paint in colors of your choice
- tape or glue
- Paint toothpaste box and match boxes and allow to dry.
- Place buttons on either end of pipe cleaners.
- Cut off excess pipe cleaner so that only a bit is left sticking out and wrap these ends around buttons to secure.
- Secure pipe cleaner to bottom of toothpaste box with tape or glue as pictured.
- Insert craft stick into the side of one of your matchboxes.
- Glue/tape match boxes together.
- Glue/tape both match boxes to the top side of your jet plane with the matchbox that contains the craft stick on top.
- Secure wings (egg carton flap) to the top of jet plane.
- Secure spools of thread to the bottom of each wing.
- Secure half of plastic egg to the front end of jet plane.
- Stand back and enjoy your creation! I think it turned out super cute and Joe had a blast making it!! He loves it:-)!
**Side note--I had Joe use tape and Elmer's glue, however, the tape didn't stick well to the paint on the boxes and the Elmer's was just taking too long to dry and wouldn't work well on the egg. I ended up going back and gluing most parts on more securely myself with hot glue, and that did the trick!!**
Original tutorial found *here*.