Here is what we used:
- a long rectangular shaped box
- packing peanuts for teeth and nose
- two egg carton sections (the circular egg cups only)
- two googly eyes
- cardstock for the tongue
- Elmer's glue and hot glue gun
- Paint either the top or bottom of the box red. This will be the mouth.
- Paint all the other sides color of your choice for dino--Joe chose green.
- Paint two sections of egg carton for your eyes.
- Paint 4 packing peanuts color of your choice for the nose.
- Cut out a tongue for the inside of mouth.
- Cut cardboard box in half on three sides. This will make it into a "puppet" with a mouth that can actually open and close.
- Glue tongue to inside of mouth with Elmer's glue.
- Glue packing peanuts all around outside edges of mouth to create teeth. I used the hot glue gun for this. I didn't think Elmer's would hold up well after a bit of play.
- Glue googly eyes to egg carton sections.
- Glue egg carton sections to top of head.
- Glue packing peanuts, stacking two on top of one another side by side to front middle of head to create a nose.
- You're done!!
Original tutorial without my modifications found *here*.